Conservation Service Heidi Wirilander
Konservointipalvelu Heidi Wirilander is a Finnish conservation and consultation firm that provides services in textile conservation, preventive conservation, and collection management and safety. Conservation Service Heidi Wirilander was established in 2006 by Heidi Wirilander and the firm is registered in Helsinki, Finland.
The firm's customers are private persons, collectors, companies, memory institutions, and public agencies. The firm's special competencies are textile conservation, collection safety, collection recovery, preventive conservation, historic site maintenance, and basic cleaning procedures.
Heidi Wirilander is a trained textile conservator (BA 2004), conservator (MA 2008, MA thesis topic historic buildings preventive conservation issues), and received her Master's in Museology in 2010. She compleated in April 2021 her Ph.D. in Art History at the University of Jyväskylä in Finland. The central topic in her doctoral thesis is the
protection, rescue, evacuation, and aftercare of immovable and movable objects, as well as documentary heritage collections, in accident and disaster
situations. Heidi Wirilander is a member of ICOM (Finland), ICOM-CC, and IIC -the Nordic group (Finland).
For estimates and further information via e-mail, please contact email@example.com
Textile Conservator MA
MA in Museology
PhD in Art History
- Doctor of Philosophy, major in art history, 19.5.2021, University of Jyväskylä, Department of Art and Cultural Studies
- Master of Arts, major in museology, 10.9.2010, University of Jyväskylä, Department of Art and Cultural Studies
- Master of Culture and Arts, major in conservation, 12.6.2008, EWTEK Institute for Art and Design, Department of Conservation (Metropolia University for Applied Sciences)
- Specialization studies in conservation, 1.2.2006 (30 credits), EWTEK Institute for Art and Design, Department of Conservation (Metropolia University for Applied Sciences)
- Bachelor of Arts, major in textile conservation 25.5.2004, EWTEK Institute for Art and Design, Department of Conservation (Metropolia University for Applied Sciences)
Central courses in cultural heritage field
- Museums and cultural heritage in disaster and conflict areas, 15.1.-15.4.2013, University of Uppsala, Department of ALM.
- Disaster response and salvage training course 16.1.2012, Preservation Advisory
Centre/ RLUK, British Library Centre for Conservation
- Basic course on document management and archival work, 12.-15.5.2009, Turku Provincial Archives
- Entrepreneur in the field of conservation, part-time from year 2012 (Konservointipalvelu Heidi Wirilander) 1.10.2006-
- Project worker in the ecclesiastical cultural heritage inventory projects between years 2004 and 2009 in all together approximatery: 5 years 1
month ( at the parish Union of Sipoo: 3 months, the parish of Tuusula: about 3 months, the parish Union of Espoo:2 years 1 month, the parish
Union of Helsinki: 2,5 years)
- Other working experience on the museum and conservation field between years 1992 and 2010 in all approximately 1,5 year
Oral presentations in international conferences
- Heidi Wirilander 11/2012: Meaning of cultural diversity and education in the consept of cultural heritage. WAAE Summit 2012 "Cultural encounters and
northern reflections". Rovaniemi, Suomi
- Heidi Wirilander 3/2013: Documentation and rescue planning: ways to prevent damages in times of crisis. ICOM European conference: Public policies towards museums in times of crises. Portugal, Lissabon
- Heidi Wirilander 8/2013: Cultural heritage and conflicting values—Arson and arson attempts in the Evangelical Lutheran church buildings in Finland between the years 1990 and 2010. Conference on Church Archaeology in the Baltic Sea Region 2013. Turku, Finland
Poster presentations in international conferences
- Heidi Wirilander 06/2012: The protection, rescue, evacuation and aftercare of cultural heritage collections in accident and disaster situations.
InSEA European Regional Conference 2012. Limassol, Kypros
- Heidi Wirilander 10/2012: IIC Nordic Group's XIX International Conference 15.-17.10.2012 "Planning to move? Processes and consequences for
collections, objects and society". Oslo, Norja
- Heidi Wirilander 11/2012: The protection, rescue, evacuation and aftercare of cultural heritage collections in accident and disaster situations. WAAE Summit 2012 "Cultural encounters and northern reflections". Rovaniemi, Suomi
- Heidi Wirilander 12/2012: Documentation and Disaster Planning Supports Cultural Heritage Items' Authenticity and Integrity in Disaster
Situations. "'The Real Thing?' The Value of Authenticity and Replication for Investigation and Conservation" conference. The University of
Glasgow: Research Network for Textile Conservation, Dress and Textile History and Technical Art History.
- Heidi Wirilander 08/2013: The protection, rescue, evacuation and aftercare of cultural heritage collections in accident and disaster situations. Conference on Church Archaeology in the Baltic Sea Region 2013. Turku, Finland
- Heidi Wirilander 2021: The preservation of cultural heritage from emergency planning through to heritage recovery processes. Jyväskylän yliopisto. JYU Dissertations, 364. http://urn.fi/URN:ISBN:978-951-39-8567-7
International peer review articles
Heidi Wirilander 2017: Church Arsons and Arson Attempts in Finland between 1990 and 2010. In J. Harjula, S. Hukantaival, V. Immonen, A. Randla, & T. Ratilainen (Eds.), Sacred Monuments and Practices in the Baltic Sea Region: New Visits to Old Churches (pp. 208-226). Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing
- Heidi Wirilander 2013: Preservation in Disaster Situations: a case study of the Valvilla Wool Mill Museum, Finland. e-conservation Journal No: 1,
1/2013. JYX - Preservation in Disaster Situations: a case study of the Valvilla Wool Mill Museum, Finland (jyu.fi)
- Heidi Wirilander 2012: Preventive Conservation: a Key Method to Ensure Cultural Heritage's Authenticity and Integrity in Preservation Process.
e-conservation magazine No: 24 2/2012 https://jyx.jyu.fi/handle/123456789/39406
Other international articles
- Heidi Wirilander 2012: Use of Arts Education Theory in Analyses of the Cultural Heritage Process. InSEA 2012 European Regional Conference
25th-27th of June, Lemesos, Cyprus. The 11th InSEA European Congress Proceedings (2012). pp. 297-306. CySEA Board. Julkaistu osoitteessa:
- Blue Shield international network, member of professionals network, March 2013-
- IIC the Nordic Group, Finland, full membership
- ICOM (International Council of Museums) Suomen komitea ry, full membership
- ICOM-CC (International Council of Museums - Commitee for Conservation)
- ICOM-CC, Preventive conservation working group